Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWitchcraft bushings problem Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Witchcraft bushings problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Condos
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : No Comply Sliderz
Flatface G6D (Black)
FBS
No Comply trucks and tuning

Witchcraft bushings problem Empty
PostSubject: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 1:50 am

Hey guys, I've been using Witchcrafts for a about a month and I've had a problem with both bottom bushings.  They ripped.

Witchcraft bushings problem JE4vP5X

Witchcraft bushings problem AuKtbM4

Only one bushing is all the way ripped through (the one pictures) and the second one is very close to being completely torn.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I've been riding them fairly loose on BRTs.
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 2:19 am

Have you been using a bottom washer ?
Sounds a bit like normal wear and tear to me....
Back to top Go down
Condos
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Flatface G6D (Black)
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 2:21 am

I don't use washers on these, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to. And considering I really don't fingerboard that much (I'm really on and off with it) I don't think that they should just rip so easily.
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 2:28 am

I have the ytruck edition and I use a bottom washer. So far after a month of using them at medium they haven't ripped. Have you pmed Trent about this?
Back to top Go down
Condos
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Flatface G6D (Black)
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 2:34 am

No I haven't. I already bought a new set and I'm gonna try a washer on these. I'll also check the bottom bushing every now and then to see how its holding up. I'm thinking I maybe just got a bad set or something.
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 2:41 am

Trent hand makes these so its likely you got a bad set. Yeah its a good idea to use a bottom washer so you don't have to tighten the nut as much.
Back to top Go down
RonNation
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Northwood Charm
Dump Trucks
FF G6
WC bushing

Woobs

PostSubject: Re: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 3:31 am

maybe the kingping was too thick? the v2 is better for wider kingpins besides ytrucks
Back to top Go down
rekreate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
rekreate

Setup : Berlinwood 29mm
Dumps
ff G6 black
Ex tape

PostSubject: Re: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 7:01 am

mine ripped aswell sad
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 7:08 am

That's cause it's a rubber bushing......
This is why bushings used to cost $2 for 10 sets, nobody then cared when they broke.
Back to top Go down
rekreate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
rekreate

Setup : Berlinwood 29mm
Dumps
ff G6 black
Ex tape

PostSubject: Re: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 7:22 am

^^^^ Agreed
Back to top Go down
Condos
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Flatface G6D (Black)
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:02 pm

I wouldn't care too much but the fact that they're seven bucks really sucks :/
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 7:15 pm

Looks weird.. take a side pick looks like an o-ring in that pic.
I can send you some free ones.
If you would have emailed or PM me instead of making a post that would be better.
Kingsley had one rip so I sent him some free ones.

Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
Condos
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Flatface G6D (Black)
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Witchcraft bushings problem BVNTbDF

There's a pic comparing an o-ring (left) and Witchcraft (right). I couldn't really showcase the problem from the side.

I would have PM'ed you but I forgot you were even a part of the forum. I really don't come here often and I don't know too many members tongue

I don't think I need a free set, this may have been my fault for not using a washer before.
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:03 pm

Condos wrote:
Witchcraft bushings problem BVNTbDF

There's a pic comparing an o-ring (left) and Witchcraft (right).  I couldn't really showcase the problem from the side.

I would have PM'ed you but I forgot you were even a part of the forum.  I really don't come here often and I don't know too many members tongue

I don't think I need a free set, this may have been my fault for not using a washer before.
Na that's weird man unless your really abuse the hell out of them or something that has to be a flaw. You can ask other people they usually last for a very long time under all types of abuse.
I have sets that are 2-3 years old I use myself.. and my homie whos also on this forum Rob still uses his og witchcrafts from highschool that are from 2005.
Washers can cause more problem unless they are tight fitting or micro washers. Most china washers are big and sloppy.
Back to top Go down
Condos
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Flatface G6D (Black)
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:05 pm

I guess I just got a faulty set then. Anyway besides that issue the bushings are great, and I'll definitely get some for all my future set ups very happy
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:33 pm

very happy 
I had to get all technical study 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Witchcraft bushings problem   Witchcraft bushings problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Witchcraft bushings problem

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1