Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNostalgia? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nostalgia?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Boffey
Boffey

Nostalgia? Empty
PostSubject: Nostalgia?   Nostalgia? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Anyone else get it, or want to chat about it?

Im only 17 and already miss how much I loved skating / fb when i was like 14-15. Been getting back on it recently though, which is making me really happy.

And stupid as it sounds, ive only left compulsory school, (Im at 6th form now), for a year and already miss the funny times i had.

Ahh well
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

Nostalgia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia?   Nostalgia? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:45 pm

Same as you man, I pretty much miss being 14.

Before I got a girlfriend, started working hard at school, all that shit.
After this I pretty much lost all my friends, I stopped skating, I basically lost touch with a lot of people/things. But at least I got good grades. I'm still not sure if it was worth it though.

Before all this I actually had friends, I loved skating even though I couldn't do shit, I had motivation to film fingerboarding, I just miss not having to give a shit.
Now I'm at the stage where I actually need to make something of myself, I don't have time to skate, or do other stuff at all. It feels so good to skate to the post office, I often just want to go and skate around for like an hour, just because it's relaxing, I miss it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

Nostalgia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia?   Nostalgia? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:58 pm

I never realized how much I'd feel this way the last year of my highschool career. I am ready to graduate but I feel like a major part of life is over. Christmas,halloween and all those other fun holidays when you were younger never feel the same.
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

Nostalgia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia?   Nostalgia? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:03 pm

I know what you mean,
loosing friends cause of that kind of thing sucks so bad
Back to top Go down
Patrick Self
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Patrick Self

Setup : Deck: Berlinwood wide low 'Martin Winkler' graphic
Trucks: TD longboard 32mm
Wheels: Winkler wheels Bblackriver ed.
Tuning: Flatface teflons
Tape: FBS extra smooth

Nostalgia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia?   Nostalgia? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:06 pm

im still young so i try to make the most of it while my youth is still around. i dont want to think when im like 30 ahh shit i wish i did that differently or smth like that so i try to make the most of it becuase youve only got one chance at being young.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

Nostalgia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia?   Nostalgia? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:09 pm

RyanMarshment wrote:
Christmas,halloween and all those other fun holidays when you were younger never feel the same.

This too, Christmas used to be so exciting as a kid, now it just feels like a day where we get a few presents. The things I looked forward to as a kid are quickly disappearing with age :/
Back to top Go down
Isaac
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Isaac

Companies : I play the bass.
Setup : Yellowood Submarine, Substance Jade+, FBS

Nostalgia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia?   Nostalgia? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Yeah, I loved not caring about anything and just fingerboarding and filming for pure enjoyment. It was also fun back on the old TD forums...so much good times there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sk8rat843
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

Nostalgia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia?   Nostalgia? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:18 pm

in elementary school i had a best friend named jackson. but he had to go to another school because of his sister was graduating to the six, so his parents wanted them both at the same school. so he ended up going to a different school in 5th grade. he was my best friend, and hopefully i'll see him again. i haven't had no contact with him since my 13th birthday. i miss him a lot.

the td forums were awesome. i miss that place. and i use to love how when i started fingerboarding i would be excited when a package comes in the mail and continue to be excited for days, now it's only just a few hours of excitement. plus i think i was better before than i am now.

also i miss my old senior friends that graduated last year. we use to skate a lot. one moved to colorado, but i saw him in randomly in mcdonalds like a couple of weeks ago on his last day in town haha. glad i got to see him one last time. hopefully i'll see him again. i still skate with them, but rarely though. but some of my other friends that i met threw the seniors i talk to daily.

Last edited by Xavier on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jayden H.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Jayden H.

Setup : FF G15 Zeph Engraved
FBS(duh?)
Wide Brts w/green witchcraft bushings
FF BRR edition Turquoise

Nostalgia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia?   Nostalgia? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:42 pm

My best friends that I've known since the sixth grade, we slowly started drifting apart through 10th and 11th grade. And by the time we were seniors I only got to see my friend Cory while Branden switched to a ifferent school. Then me and Cory were drifting away even more because he had a job and always claimed he was going to join the marines. Now one does kind of nothing with his life, while the other is slowly (probably) becoming addicted to crystal meth. I miss those guys /:
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

Nostalgia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia?   Nostalgia? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:24 pm

A pretty awesome day happened the day after I got back to UK from China. I got one mate on Skype who I wasn't sure if he was in town since going to uni. Turned out he finished, was in town and willing to skate. Then 4 other old friends came down to the park and another new kid (which is cool that someone is taking up skating opposed to scooter). I am incredibly shit at SKATE due to lack of flips but I had an awesome time since people I used to skate with were back in town.

Danny, if you ever want to skate Leeds or wherever, let me know. I'm not good but I love to skate.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

Nostalgia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia?   Nostalgia? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 1:45 pm

sooooooooooooooooo much so.

I miss skateboarding back before plymouth skatepark got knocked down. I cant afford to get to any of the parks (other than like once a month) here except one that's soo shit I just don't bother going because it's crappy, on a steep hill, and covered in broken glass. Back before plymouth skatepark got knocked down there'd be soo many of us skating every day, like 10am-8pm pretty much all summer. Soo many trips to spots, other mishes, and stuff like that. I'll always miss those days, the new park looks amazing (unfortunately it got built after I moved from plymouth) so it's probably pretty fun there now. I guess I miss living somewhere where I can just get to a skatepark, because I miss skateboarding. I also miss that with skateboarding I had friends, I don't know anyone here except me flatmate will. Especially now anna is 1000+ miles away.

That's something else I miss, living with her.

Also the few friends I had back in north devon who were awesome, grew apart from them when I moved to uni.

Going even further back.. college was pretty fun. I kind of miss having really long hair, haha.. Might grow it again : o

Coming from a 24yr old guy who basically has no friends in an entire city - my advice to you all is to make an effort with friends before they're gone - probably the only regrets I have in life up to now are not making the effort to keep friendships happy
Back to top Go down
broxi
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
broxi

Companies : Sport, Music
Setup : Soma, BRR Trucks, TKYs, King Size vOnes, RipTape.

Nostalgia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia?   Nostalgia? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:27 pm

As a 23 year old, I've seen a lot of friendships come and go. Childhood friendships start to drift apart when you reach your teenage years and everyone begins getting into different things. Then some high school friendships come and go as people move away to university/college.

Having recently graduated university, life without education is really weird at first. From when I was 5 right through to 21/22, I spent most week days getting up to go to school or uni. When you finish with education, it's a really weird feeling.

One of my best childhood friends (we were best friends pretty much from birth until we went to secondary school and grew apart) died recently, I didn't realise how much I actually still cared about him until I found out, it was really hard news to swallow. With things like Facebook, Twitter and mobile phones it's a lot easier to keep in contact with old friends these days compared with 20/30 years ago.

Coping with friends coming and going is just an unfortunate part of growing up. I bet if the younger members on this site were to ask their parents how many of their childhood friends they still speak to, I don't think the number would be very high!
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

Nostalgia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia?   Nostalgia? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:18 pm

Yeah, another reason for a loss of my friends is due to the large separation that's come with age, almost everyone got into alcohol, weed, some of them even went further than weed.
The line was about 90% of the year group, they're all potheads now. I'm in the 10%, unfortunately non of my friends are in there with me, because the rest of this 10% are 'nerds' or complete and utter pretentious goons. I'm neither of them, so I'm just stuck in a separate category of nothingness.

Can't wait to finish sixth form, hopefully with good enough grades to move down to Bristol and study Product Design at Uni.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nostalgia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia?   Nostalgia? Empty

Back to top Go down

Nostalgia?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1