Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHow Do You Kickflip? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Do You Kickflip?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CrunchyFingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrunchyFingers

How Do You Kickflip? Empty
PostSubject: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:21 pm

Simple enough. How do you kickflip? Do you flick with your index? Both fingers? Do you have a unique style? Do you catch it early? Late? I personally try to do mine realistically. Flicking with my index and catching it right away.
Back to top Go down
stevenfilms
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
stevenfilms

Companies : Filming, skating, and fingerboarding
Setup : Redemption MMC, wide tuned trucks, china non-bearing wheels , Incredibly Smooth & Grippy tape

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:40 pm

I kinda flip it by moving my whole hand to the left(I'm right handed). Then I try to keep my fingers just barely above the board, then I catch it with my back finger, put my front finger back on the board and land.
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:50 pm

For me it's all in the front finger, I do a regular ollie and right a I reach the peak I flick my front finger..

It's sticks to my fingers best that way
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Most of the time, my kickflips are quite lazy - low, fast flip, low catch. I can pop high ones and catch it really high too though. Kickflips are my favourite trick and it's pretty fun doing different versions of it. I can do pretty good late kickflips but my camera was never good enough to capture it very clearly.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:38 pm

mine are weird, my hand barely moves at all so I don't really know what I do, haha.. all I know is that they're one of my favourite tricks happy
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : How Do You Kickflip? J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:14 pm

I don't really know either.. It's like when you have been able to do a trick for some years, and you can do them almost every time, then all it takes its to think about the trick and pop the tail, haha.
Back to top Go down
Pedro
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Pedro

Setup : Flint
Blackriver trucks
Oak wheels Minis

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
mine are weird, my hand barely moves at all so I don't really know what I do, haha.. all I know is that they're one of my favourite tricks happy
Yeah i also do like that most of the times but sometimes i try to do some realistic ones flicking the front finger. They are more consistent this way, for me
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:17 pm

i try and constantly practice new techniques, can eveolve your style that way.
Back to top Go down
willhopewell
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

Setup : Berlinwood
BRT's
Winker's

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:59 pm

i just move my finger out and try to catch it keeping it realistic, really huge kick flips are rad but look silly imo
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:27 pm

I put lots of pressure on the left side of the board, then a few seconds after it finishes rotating, I put my hand on it and roll away smoothly with all 3 fingers!

kidding,
idk, its definately my favourite trick, I guess I flick front finger a bit? not sure shocked
Back to top Go down
mikkolangot
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
mikkolangot

Setup : Main Setup:
FlatFace G13
Blackriver Trucks Rad Red 2.0
FBS Extra Smooth
FF BRR Edition wheels (black)

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:42 am

I'm still on the stage on experimenting it. I don't have much consistency but I have 3 ways to do it. 1st is that do an ollie and right after the pop i flick my index finger to the nose which is kinda harder for me. 2nd do a regular ollie stance but flicking my wrist towards me and catch. 3rd is doing like a claw type on my finger on a regular stance and right after the pop flick the index finger to the dip of the board. But I really need to practice the timings because sometimes my flick is kinda already late.
Back to top Go down
DamonFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : FlatFace G12 with TD wides and china bearing wheels

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:22 am

I just learnt them, what I do is I kick it like a normal ollie and then once the boards in the air i just push both my fingers forward (my front finger more though) and then just sketchy land haha :/
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:57 pm

I do them by moving my index finger forward, then bringing it back. I try to catch them, but I haven't got the catches dialed yet.
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

Companies : Music, FB, SB, Sporting
Setup : Woodguest Deck
FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 3:38 am

my kickflips are actually quite odd. i flip them by flicking my wrist up after the pop so the board is going upwards while flipping. i then catch it at the peak of the boards height and slam it back down. my fingers dont do the flicking, its in the wrist movement for me. they are on average 8-9 inches in height at the peak.

Back to top Go down
Tim Lowery
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tim Lowery

Companies : filming, baseball, and self pleasuring
Setup : Redemption NM
BLUEFLY WIDES
FBS ES
FlatFace G6 D Black

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:29 am

kerryDETH wrote:
same lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardknoxfbs.com
MartinRobs
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
MartinRobs

Companies : U of O
Setup : Homewood M9, 30mm wide
Propaganda trucks (gold)
Bollie wheels (red)
Foamy greatness tape

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:11 am

Ironfingers wrote:
For me it's all in the front finger, I do a regular ollie and right a I reach the peak I flick my front finger..

It's sticks to my fingers best that way

What direction/where do you flick your finger?
Back to top Go down
mikkolangot
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
mikkolangot

Setup : Main Setup:
FlatFace G13
Blackriver Trucks Rad Red 2.0
FBS Extra Smooth
FF BRR Edition wheels (black)

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:18 am

For me It's more difficult for me to flick to the nose but I observed that it will land much cleaner and straight. But I usually flick through the dip of the deck towards me. *I use my wrist not my fingers to flick it though.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Kickflip?   How Do You Kickflip? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Do You Kickflip?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1