Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNewcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:47 pm

True to what it is about. Great writing. This is real great for a fingerboarder looking into sponsorship for the wrong reasons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
WillSteller
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
WillSteller

Companies : Snowboarding, Skating
Setup : Emanant
NoLogo
FF
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:26 pm

Pretty Inspiring to me I gotta say. REally good Writing!!!!
Back to top Go down
Grendel
Council
Council
Grendel

Setup : BW widelow or 96 custom+ BRT wides + WW or Oaks + witchcraft bushings + ATAMATape

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:39 pm

I ask the permition to Thom to translate this wonderfull article.

Everyone found it really inspiring, change a lot of younger opinion about sponsorship.
Again thank you thom to clarify so many minds wink
Back to top Go down
http://fbfr.fr
BLU-S
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BLU-S

Companies : videography,photography fingerboarding , fluxmedia

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Grendel wrote:
I ask the permition to Thom to translate this wonderfull article.

Everyone found it really inspiring, change a lot of younger opinion about sponsorship.
Again thank you thom to clarify so many minds wink

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/bsinghy
Trevor Westad
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Trevor Westad

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:24 pm

i agree with the post where you wher comenting on oak wheels! i think there the best for sure!
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Companies : J.F.S
Setup : Hashtag Peter.A signature deck
Snow tape
J.F.S black bearing wheels
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:26 pm

Tamara wrote:
I hate when some "homemade" companies ask me to be on their team.
I got like 20 sponsorship request where they were planning to send me paper fingerboards and other useless stuff.

I'm not looking for a sponsor, it'll come if I deserve it, but if I had one I wanna it to be legit as possible.
Same here.Although a few months back I used to be sponsor whore
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:01 pm

So who wants to sponsor me!... sorry had to do it... very happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dgilliam87
tj the fber
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
tj the fber

Companies : none
Setup : tech deck every thing oh but custom graphic

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:07 pm

dude happy thank you for the post happy
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:06 pm

I get offered sponsors all the time, but its youtube sponsors who have China products. I turn all of them down.... I wake up hoping there is a message from Flatface, and then I get back to reality. I used to ALWAYS want to get a sponsor, sending endless messages to companies with videos of me, and now, I fingerboard for fun! But, please enjoy my videos hahahahaha happy

www.youtube.com/morrowbernard

-Morrow very happy
Back to top Go down
idofingerboarding
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
idofingerboarding

Setup : Berlinwood cat graphic (classic shape), most dope tape, bollie custom trucks and white bollie wheels

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 7:25 pm

great post!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2O1TMTrlJxk7G6nSEtCXjQ
GrantO
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
GrantO

Setup : Frost G3 Mellow
BRT 2.0
Winkler Wheels Junks

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 2:08 am

i dont even care about getting free shit out of a sponsorship. im not sponsored but i just want to be able rep something when i fingerboard. i wanna be apart of a fb family
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/ifing3rb0ard
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 2:14 am

Start up a fingerboard team with some of your friends. You don't need a product for that. Make montages together and shit. I assure you that this will be closer to a Fingerboard family than most sponsorships will offer.
Back to top Go down
ENCHENG
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : None at the moment
Setup : FlatFace G13 32mm
Ytrucks X4
Oak Wheels White Plus

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 7:08 am

I take fingerboarding only as a hobby and not means of getting sponsored or getting "free gifts" from fingerboard companies as all in all, you gotta do what you love but not what gets you paid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/1Ph0n3L1M
snotjob
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
snotjob

Companies : Deadcat Co.
Setup : woob
brts
wheels
witchcrafts
deadcats

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 11:15 am

lol all these 12 year olds are obsessed with wanting a sponsor
Back to top Go down
inQntrol
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
inQntrol

Setup : prete, oaks, brt

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 9:21 pm

good article.
theres also a difference between a big company like blackriver or a skateshop and a small homemade company.

i had a few sponsors already which included a real skateshop (boardshop in freiburg, germany), a homemade fingerboard brand (rainbowdecks from switzerland) and a brand that produces concrete obstacles.
the skateshop sponsor i met through their local fingerboard contest. i talked to the owner and a few weeks later i sent in a video asking if they wanted to sponsor me. that was like 4 years ago and by that time i really enjoyed fingerboarding but i somehow, i always wanted to represent something. so they hooked me up, i got free stuff from them and got to hold a fingerboard demo at a primary school.
years passed by and the contact just got lost. i tried to get back to them but it was really hard and i couldnt keep the contact.
with the deck company it was basically the same. the guy making these decks was a friend of a friend and he sponsored me and my 2 friends. contact got lost, he dissappeared. few years later i catch him on another fingerboard forum and ask him, if he still makes fingerboard decks. he was like yes ima send u one. never got it.
the curb company couldnt keep up with making obstacles because the guy had to do other stuff aswell.
so basically u gotta keep contact with ur sponsors unless its ur best friend or someone ull see everyday/week.

if u have a sponsor like blackriver or flatface, u probably have to do more for them but the contact will stay and the company itself will try to keep the contact up not only u.

im not sponsored at the time and im not sending sponsor messages or tapes out (cmon, we all tried it) but i see a sponsor as something, i stand for, something i represent. thats, atleast for me, more important than getting free stuff.

just wanted to share my experiences wink
Back to top Go down
Keniffg
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Keniffg

Setup : Deck: WOOB COZY is the main one I am using now! !
Grip:Tuck Tape
Truck:White Blackriver Trucks w/ witchcraft bushings
Wheels: Oak wheels always!!!

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 1:02 am

This was the most eloquently stated message!! Real Talk rip a fingerboard for fun post your vids cause you like to do it and nothing else!! I mean who wants to be on a team with a bunch of people you don't know or even know that you would get along with!!  Have fun, go to events, post in the forums, and the sponsors will see you if your attitude and ambition shine through!!!  I will be blessed one day when the time is right that is what I believe!!
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Setup : Woob & Brutal

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 9:30 pm

GIllybear wrote:
So who wants to sponsor me!... sorry had to do it... very happy

I'll sponser u dood, i sell high kwality pivit cupz n my cumpiny r awsum, i snd u ur sponser pk 2moro.
Back to top Go down
2pumpchumpcrisfb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Berliwood 32mm, BRT Silver 32mm, Black/Turquoise Durometer Wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 11:02 pm

That sounds about right dude
Back to top Go down
collin_fb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
collin_fb

Setup : berlinwood
china trucks
china wheels

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 5:14 am

are there different levels of sponsorship?
Back to top Go down
j peterson
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
j peterson

Setup : @indextheory

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 9:31 pm

collin_fb wrote:
are there different levels of sponsorship?
well i'm not sure if anyone does this but in skating theres am and pro teams. flatface has a flow team which they aren't technically on the team but mike "flow's" them product.
Back to top Go down
Fungerboard
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Fungerboard

Setup : Weca w2
BRT 2.0
FlatFace dual duro

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2015 11:53 am

Hopefully this will make people think before they ask companies for sponsorship
Back to top Go down
https://instagram.com/fungerboard/
jamestown1
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
jamestown1

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 7:40 pm

the whole fingerboard scene regarding sponsorship is weird. I really do like this thread and think more kids should be on messageboards to see this. Fingerboard for yourself and for fun, not for anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships   Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Newcomers' Guide to Sponsorships

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2