Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLil YouTube help. Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lil YouTube help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:06 pm

So I'm trying to get a channel started, and it's goin extremely slow.
This being my first involvement in YouTube, I'm not sure the best way to get it out there...

Obviously I'm not a -great- fingerboarder, but I'd like too see my channel get more hits!
Anyone have any ideas? Or something you'd like to see from my channel?

Help a brotha out. cool
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Just put out sick stuff. and post in the videos section on the forum. That's really the only way to get 'hits'.
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:13 pm

I'm struggling with the same thing Deejay awkward 
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Tbh, I don't know why I have so many subscribers, and I really don't deserve the number that I have. What you may want to do, is post funny comments on people's videos. Not just "nice" or "sick," but something that will make people smile. And of course, put out sick videos.
One thing you should NEVER EVER do, is tell people to check out your channel, unless they are your friends. When you go on a video and say "check out my vids" you look desperate. It's one thing if you know someone and send them a personal message asking if they could possibly check out the video, but don't do it in the comments on peoples' videos.
Or you could just trade with Vicious274 and get 30 subs in 10 mins...
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Haha well I have posted in the video section, it never seems to get much recognition though, aside from my first mini, which got pretty decent feedback! And I never post thirsty comments like that haha, not my style. Whats your youtube trevor? Ill sub for sure!

Ill figure something out, maybe a giveaway of something when I hit a certain amount of subs or something.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:56 pm

I am not involved in making videos but the way I find out about different channels is through other people's channels. I'd say do more videos with other people and promote each other through your channels.

Last edited by Ryan on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Ill sub to you right now Deejay happy

EDIT: I am already subbed happy My YT is Mrsupertowelboy.

Last edited by Twest on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:57 pm

Ryan wrote:
I am not involved in making videos but the way I find out about different channels through other people's channels. I'd say do more videos with other people and promote each other through your channels.
Two of my videos are unboxing/reviews on Both Woob, and Witchcraft.
Neither are past 200 views. sad
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Also I wouldn't really suggest doing giveaways because every time I see people do contests like that it just causes people to spam other people's channels with your contest or make people sub to you that have no interest in watching your videos.

Edit: I don't mean make videos tagging what people are interested in I mean doing montages with people or getting shout outs. For example having Mike Schneider tell people to sub to you or if you were in a video of his and he put your channel in the description. You just need to keep putting yourself out there and do what you do. People work on their channels for years before it starts to get attention. If you look at popular youtube channels for any hobby you'll see that all the big well known people are associated with one another and help each other get views.
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:08 pm

So should I do more unboxing and review videos? I dont wanna spam the whole channel with unboxing though...
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:10 pm

deejaydestroy wrote:
So should I do more unboxing and review videos? I dont wanna spam the whole channel with unboxing though...
Unboxings and reviews helped me get lots of subs, but I make way too many unboxings. But they do help a lot.
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:11 pm

More content=more views= more subscribers

Make more minis if you'd like, because those are the most enjoyable happy

I only make unboxings if they're "worth it," haha.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:29 pm

Do a little of everything man! Don't be that guy that's known for doing only unboxings or something.
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:30 pm

Ryan wrote:
Do a little of everything man! Don't be that guy that's known for doing only unboxings or something.
Thats exactly why im askin for ideas! ahaha.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:31 pm

Ryan wrote:
Don't be that guy that's known for doing only unboxings or something.
Sid.
Also, I saw what you posted on my vid Deejay, those are the type of comments to make happy
I noticed that comments that seem like an inside joke get you noticed. For example, on a video, a guy got 30 likes for putting "BBQ." It had absolutely nothing to do with the video lol
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:32 pm

I guess Ill just be patient with it, and see how it goes haha.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:36 pm

That's the best way to deal with it.
Fingerboarding shouldn't be about youtube subs, it's just a nice plus. I post too many videos, but I like filming, so I keep doing it. Just fingerboard for fun, you will progress, and subscribers will come for sure happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lil YouTube help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil YouTube help.   Lil YouTube help. Empty

Back to top Go down

Lil YouTube help.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1